.ORG Domain Names
Spread the word online with .Org
Build trust with this well-known and respected domain.
Increase awareness. Promote your cause. Inspire support.
With .ORG, your organization is linked to a well-established brand of trust and integrity. One of the original top-level domains (TLDs), .ORG became the registry of choice for organizations dedicated to serving the public interest. Today, .ORG is considered one of the most trusted domains on the internet.
If your organization is a non-commercial entity – non-profits, foundations, cultural institutions, religious organizations, and more – people expect to find you in the .ORG community. However, commercial businesses also benefit; a .ORG domain lends credibility to a charitable arm while still protecting your brand.
What can a .ORG do?
- Build trust. .ORG conveys credibility. It’s the domain people most commonly associate with charities and other non-profit institutions.
- Provide valuable, well-intended information. .ORG websites are known for containing valuable, unbiased information.
- Improve fundraising. Having a site with the .ORG extension is considered best for online fundraising.
- Help you target your audience: The vast majority of Internet users associate .ORG with non-profit organizations and humanitarian causes.
What is the history of .org domains.
.org domain names dug it’s roots back in 1985, along with 6 other domain names (.com, .us, .edu, .gov, .mil and .net) that were introduced to replace the strings of numbers used to designate web addresses. Research institution which operates on the eastern United States and federally funded was the first to register .org (in July 1985)
.org domain name since the 1990s have grown from less than a millionto more than 10 million just a decade later.
- Parked Page
- Domain Forwarding & Masking
- Total DNS control
- Change of registration
- Status alerts
- Domain locking